As this year comes to an end, I pause and give thanks.
Many things happened in 2021—it was a hard year for many of us. The year began with my dad dying from Covid-19. The hope that vaccines, once heralded and hoped for, morphed into a political game. Worship in-person returned with strong limits. Variants of the disease popped up around every conceivable corner. Yet through it all…
We were the church in 2021.
- Funds were raised above and beyond the budget for solar panels and other greening projects
- Estate gifts meant we could replace the roof and expand our security cameras
- Our social justice ministry expanded! More showers, more marginalized people being helped by our variety of ministry
- Worship is now available in-person and on-line
- A new constitution and bylaws were written, edited, and passed – this will enable us to be better suited for the coming years
So, yes, many things happened in 2021 and it was a hard year for many of us. But I give thanks, as this year ends, that I have journeyed with you.