The first Sunday of worship for Church of the Palms was World Communion Sunday, October 5, 1969. We are now officially 50!
We ended our year of celebration on November 3, 2019 with the triumphant worship and our anniversary luncheon. To recap what we did this past year:
- A Chili Cook-Off, two Bingo parties, and a Cookie Bake Sale.
- We dedicated not one, but two labyrinths. A most unique Peace Pole graces the center of our labyrinth.
- We honored Len Silvester as our Pastor Emeritus and celebrated our personal roots.
- A number of us, including non-member neighbors enjoyed an Afternoon English Tea
- Easter Sunday the beautiful stained glass cross which now hangs in the back of the sanctuary, was unveiled.
- We received brand new pictorial membership directories.
- A beautiful, original banner has been hung in the sanctuary.
- Throughout the year we had an opportunity to purchase exclusive 50th anniversary tee shirts and embroidered shirts.
- We participate in the Amazon smile and scrip gift card programs.
The 50th anniversary committee is extremely thankful for everyone who engaged in and rejoiced with us during this year of celebration.
NOW WE TRULY EMBRACE THE FUTURE!