This past week marked my 5th anniversary as Senior Pastor at The Palms. Thank you for all of the patience you have shown me – thank you for the grace you have demonstrated. Thank you for the love and support you have shown my family.
As I have reflected over this anniversary…
I am amazed at the ministry God has done with us – it’s not you or me – but God’s Spirit working through us.
Here’s a top ten (plus three) list (in no particular order) of highlights for me.
- The ordinations of Pastor Jim, Debby, and Shea!
- Bringing on Pastor Jim full-time!
- Solar Panels / Creation Justice Team!
- New organ!
- New doors and security system!
- Feet-N-More Shower Trailer!
- Flying the Rainbow Flag!
- Redoing the sign!
- I-Help Program!
- Becoming a WISE Congregation!
- Doubling our endowments!
- Social Justice Ministry!
- Leading the SWC in new members!
And so many, many more!
That’s being the church! Good job, Church of the Palms. I am so very proud of you. Now, what will the next five years bring?